Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kraton Kesepuhan, Cirebon, Indonesia

Kasepuhan Palace is the grandest and best preserved palace in Cirebon. Meaning in every corner of the architecture of this palace was the most famous historic. The front page of this palace surrounded by red brick walls and there is a hall therein.
Palace has a museum which is quite complete and contains a collection of heirlooms and paintings of the kingdom. One of the sacred collection of trains Singa Barong. This train is no longer in use and only issued on every 1 Shawwal to be bathed.
The interior of the palace consists of a main building which is white. It poses the living room, bedroom and the king's throne.

History
Kasepuhan Palace was founded in 1529 by Prince Mas Mochammad Arifin II (grandson of Sunan Gunung Jati), which replaces the throne of the Sunan Gunung Jati in 1506. He lives in the Great dalem Pakungwati Cirebon. Keraton Keraton Pakungwati Kasepuhan formerly, while holding the title Prince Mas Mochammad Arifin Panembahan Pakungwati I. The name comes from the name of Queen Pakungwati Goddess Pakungwati bint who married Prince Cakrabuana Sunan Gunung Jati. He died in 1549 in the Great Mosque Sang Cipta Rasa in very old age. His name is perpetuated and glorified by Sunan Gunung Jati nasab as the name of the royal palace royal palace which is now called the Palace Pakungwati Kasepuhan.

In front of the palace there Kesepuhan plaza at the time of the ancient town square named Sangkala Buana, which is where military exercises are held on Saturdays or call at the time was Saptonan. And in this plaza was once held various kinds of punishment against any people who break the rules, such as caning. In the west there is the Mosque of Sultan Kasepuhan quite magnificent work of the guardians of the Great Mosque Sang Cipta Rasa.

While in the plaza east of the former is where the market economy - is now the market is very famous kesepuhan pocinya. Model forms palace overlooking the north by building mosques in the west and the market in the east and the plaza adjoining the palace models at that time was mainly located in coastal areas. Even today, these models are much followed by all districts and cities mainly in Java that is in front of government buildings are square and on the western side there is the mosque.

Before entering the gates of the palace complex Kasepuhan there are two of the pavilion, the west called Pancaratna who formerly was a gathering place of the palace courtier, headman or in contemporary times called the civil service. While the marquee to the east called Pancaniti which is where the officers of the palace when the holding of military exercises in the square.

Entering the palace complex way on the left there is a fairly tall building with solid brick wall around it. The building is named Siti inggil or in the language of his daily Cirebon is weak duwur the high ground. As its name suggests this building was very tall and looks like a temple complex in the time of Majapahit. The building was founded in 1529, during the reign of Sheikh Sharif Hidayatullah (Sunan Gunung Jati).

In the front yard there inggil Siti rectangular stone table place to relax. This building is an outbuilding that was made in the 1800s. Siti inggil has two gates with the motive of the Majapahit era architectural style moment. At the north gate called Adi whereas in the south called the Gate Bull. Under this gate there is Candice Sakala Bull with Bull's writings Tinata Bata Kuta which if interpreted was in 1451.

saka which is the year of manufacture (1451 saka = 1529 M). Northern wall of the complex Siti inggil pristine while the south has ever experienced restoration / renovation. On the wall there inggil Siti complex wall plates and porslen-porslen originating from Europe and China by the year of manufacture 1745 AD Inside the complex there are 5 Siti inggil building without walls that has a name and its own function. The main building is situated in the middle named Malang Semirang with 6 units of the main pillars that symbolize the pillars of faith and if the aggregated total of 20 pillars that symbolize the fruit of 20 attributes of Allah SWT. This building is where the sultan saw military exercises or see the implementation of punishment. Building on the left side of the main building named Pendawa Lima with a number of pillars that symbolize the 5 pillars of Islam. This building where bodyguards sultan.Bangunan to the right of the main building named Semar Tinandu with 2 of the pole that represents the Two Sentence Creed. This building is where the Sultan's advisor / prince. Behind the main building named Mande Pangiring which is where the Sultan's entourage, while the adjacent building is the Mande Mande pangiring Karasemen, this place is the place accompanist tetabuhan / gamelan. In this building is still used to ring the Gamelan Sekaten (Gong Sekati), gamelan is only rung 2 times in a year ie at the time of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. In addition there are 5 buildings without walls is also a kind of stone monument called Linga Yoni is the symbol of fertility. Linga means men and Yoni means female. The building is derived from Hindu culture. And on top of the wall around the complex Siti inggil have Candi Laras for harmonization of these inggil Siti complex.

-------------

Keraton Kasepuhan adalah keraton termegah dan paling terawat di Cirebon. Makna di setiap sudut arsitektur keraton ini pun terkenal paling bersejarah. Halaman depan keraton ini dikelilingi tembok bata merah dan terdapat pendopo didalamnya.

Keraton ini memiliki museum yang cukup lengkap dan berisi benda pusaka dan lukisan koleksi kerajaan. Salah satu koleksi yang dikeramatkan yaitu kereta Singa Barong. Kereta ini saat ini tidak lagi dipergunakan dan hanya dikeluarkan pada tiap 1 Syawal untuk dimandikan.

Bagian dalam keraton ini terdiri dari bangunan utama yang berwarna putih. Didalamnya terdapat ruang tamu, ruang tidur dan singgasana raja.

Sejarah
Keraton Kasepuhan didirikan pada tahun 1529 oleh Pangeran Mas Mochammad Arifin II (cicit dari Sunan Gunung Jati) yang menggantikan tahta dari Sunan Gunung Jati pada tahun 1506. Ia bersemayam di dalem Agung Pakungwati Cirebon. Keraton Kasepuhan dulunya bernama Keraton Pakungwati, sedangkan Pangeran Mas Mochammad Arifin bergelar Panembahan Pakungwati I. Sebutan Pakungwati berasal dari nama Ratu Dewi Pakungwati binti Pangeran Cakrabuana yang menikah dengan Sunan Gunung Jati. Ia wafat pada tahun 1549 dalam Mesjid Agung Sang Cipta Rasa dalam usia yang sangat tua. Nama beliau diabadikan dan dimuliakan oleh nasab Sunan Gunung Jati sebagai nama Keraton yaitu Keraton Pakungwati yang sekarang bernama Keraton Kasepuhan.

Di depan Keraton Kesepuhan terdapat alun-alun yang pada waktu zaman dahulu bernama Alun-alun Sangkala Buana yang merupakan tempat latihan keprajuritan yang diadakan pada hari Sabtu atau istilahnya pada waktu itu adalah Saptonan. Dan di alun-alun inilah dahulunya dilaksanakan berbagai macam hukuman terhadap setiap rakyat yang melanggar peraturan seperti hukuman cambuk. Di sebelah barat Keraton kasepuhan terdapat Masjid yang cukup megah hasil karya dari para wali yaitu Masjid Agung Sang Cipta Rasa.

Sedangkan di sebelah timur alun-alun dahulunya adalah tempat perekonomian yaitu pasar -- sekarang adalah pasar kesepuhan yang sangat terkenal dengan pocinya. Model bentuk Keraton yang menghadap utara dengan bangunan Masjid di sebelah barat dan pasar di sebelah timur dan alun-alun ditengahnya merupakan model-model Keraton pada masa itu terutama yang terletak di daerah pesisir. Bahkan sampai sekarang, model ini banyak diikuti oleh seluruh kabupaten/kota terutama di Jawa yaitu di depan gedung pemerintahan terdapat alun-alun dan di sebelah baratnya terdapat masjid.

Sebelum memasuki gerbang komplek Keraton Kasepuhan terdapat dua buah pendopo, di sebelah barat disebut Pancaratna yang dahulunya merupakan tempat berkumpulnya para punggawa Keraton, lurah atau pada zaman sekarang disebut pamong praja. Sedangkan pendopo sebelah timur disebut Pancaniti yang merupakan tempat para perwira keraton ketika diadakannya latihan keprajuritan di alun-alun.

Memasuki jalan kompleks Keraton di sebelah kiri terdapat bangunan yang cukup tinggi dengan tembok bata kokoh disekelilingnya. Bangunan ini bernama Siti Inggil atau dalam bahasa Cirebon sehari-harinya adalah lemah duwur yaitu tanah yang tinggi. Sesuai dengan namanya bangunan ini memang tinggi dan nampak seperti kompleks candi pada zaman Majapahit. Bangunan ini didirikan pada tahun 1529, pada masa pemerintahan Syekh Syarif Hidayatullah (Sunan Gunung Jati).

Di pelataran depan Siti Inggil terdapat meja batu berbentuk segi empat tempat bersantai. Bangunan ini merupakan bangunan tambahan yang dibuat pada tahun 1800-an. Siti Inggil memiliki dua gapura dengan motif bentar bergaya arsitek zaman Majapahit. Di sebelah utara bernama Gapura Adi sedangkan di sebelah selatan bernama Gapura Banteng. Dibawah Gapura Banteng ini terdapat Candra Sakala dengan tulisan Kuta Bata Tinata Banteng yang jika diartikan adalah tahun 1451.

saka yang merupakan tahun pembuatannya (1451 saka = 1529 M). Tembok bagian utara komplek Siti Inggil masih asli sedangkan sebelah selatan sudah pernah mengalami pemugaran/renovasi. Di dinding tembok kompleks Siti Inggil terdapat piring-piring dan porslen-porslen yang berasal dari Eropa dan negeri Cina dengan tahun pembuatan 1745 M. Di dalam kompleks Siti Inggil terdapat 5 bangunan tanpa dinding yang memiliki nama dan fungsi tersendiri. Bangunan utama yang terletak di tengah bernama Malang Semirang dengan jumlah tiang utama 6 buah yang melambangkan rukun iman dan jika dijumlahkan keseluruhan tiangnya berjumlah 20 buah yang melambangkan 20 sifat-sifat Allah SWT. Bangunan ini merupakan tempat sultan melihat latihan keprajuritan atau melihat pelaksanaan hukuman. Bangunan di sebelah kiri bangunan utama bernama Pendawa Lima dengan jumlah tiang penyangga 5 buah yang melambangkan rukun islam. Bangunan ini tempat para pengawal pribadi sultan.Bangunan di sebelah kanan bangunan utama bernama Semar Tinandu dengan 2 buah tiang yang melambangkan Dua Kalimat Syahadat. Bangunan ini adalah tempat penasehat Sultan/Penghulu. Di belakang bangunan utama bernama Mande Pangiring yang merupakan tempat para pengiring Sultan, sedangkan bangunan disebelah mande pangiring adalah Mande Karasemen, tempat ini merupakan tempat pengiring tetabuhan/gamelan. Di bangunan inilah sampai sekarang masih digunakan untuk membunyikan Gamelan Sekaten (Gong Sekati), gamelan ini hanya dibunyikan 2 kali dalam setahun yaitu pada saat Idul Fitri dan Idul Adha. Selain 5 bangunan tanpa dinding terdapat juga semacam tugu batu yang bernama Lingga Yoni yang merupakan lambing dari kesuburan. Lingga berarti laki-laki dan Yoni berarti perempuan. Bangunan ini berasal dari budaya Hindu. Dan di atas tembok sekeliling kompleks Siti Inggil ini terdapat Candi Laras untuk penyelaras dari kompleks Siti Inggil ini.